top of page
  • Writer's pictureVirginia Callegary

The Pentecost Offering


The specific focus of the Pentecost Offering is to enable the church to encourage, develop, and support its young people, and address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering is kept here to make an impact in the lives of young people within our community. The remaining 60% is used to support children-at-risk, youth, and young adults through ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.


The Mission Agency uses their portion to support the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program, the Office of Presbyterian Youth and Triennium and the “Educate a Child, Transform the World” national initiative. The YAV program gives young people the opportunity to live across the United States and the world in order to explore their passion and faith in a unique way. Our church has recently had two members participate in the YAV program.


The “Educate a Child, Transform the World” initiative, seeks to equip, connect and improve the quality of public education.


The Presbyterian Youth Triennium gathers high school age young people for an event every three years focused on worship, disciple making, Christian compassion and justice, and biblical/theological education.


We used our portion of the Pentecost offering last year to help support Camp Greentop, an empowering summer camp for children with disabilities, at the recommendation of one of our church members. Camp Greentop is a program of the League for People with Disabilities. It was created to meet the needs of children and adults with physical, emotional, and cognitive disabilities in 1927. The Camping & Recreation Program has year-round traditional, weekend, and travel sessions for all individuals with disabilities and offers a variety of outdoor recreational services including camping. Campers encounter life-changing experiences and build meaningful relationships with other participants, staff, and volunteers. They strive to create a judgment-free recreational environment that is physically, socially, and intellectually enriching for all individuals with disabilities. 


Learn more about the Pentecost Special Offering here.



8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page