We seek to cultivate a generous life,
in gratitude for God’s abundant grace to us;
to respond to the needs of the world with compassion and truth;
and to provide a strong church for the nurture and joy of God’s people.
Giving to the Church During the Coronavirus Emergency
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED GIVING TO THE CHURCH. Since we can’t pass the offering plate during worship as we usually do, many people have wondered about other ways to make their contributions and pledges. Here are some ways we could continue to give:
- PayPal – You could contribute immediately online through PayPal. This will work even if you do not have a PayPal account. There is a button on the front page of the church website. When you click the button, it will take you to a PayPal page that clearly says, “First Presbyterian Church of Howard County: General Giving.”
- Automatic Payments through your regular bank account – if your bank provides an automatic payment service, you could set it up to send a contribution to the church as a payment.
- U. S. Mail – This way still works! You could mail checks to: First Presbyterian Church, 9325 Presbyterian Church, Columbia MD 21045. Checks are delivered to a strong, locked mailbox on the church premises.
- Automatic bank drafts by completing the church’s Electronic Giving Form – you could fill out and return an Electronic Giving Form . Mail or bring the completed form to the church office. This form gives permission for a bank draft on the account you specify, in the amount and frequency that you specify.
- Phone-In – If you like, you could call the church office and speak to the Bookkeeper Pat Travers to make a contribution with a credit card.
- Drive By and Phone-Up – If you prefer to bring your contribution by the church in person, you can call the church office when you arrive. If anyone is in, we’ll come down and meet you at the door.
- Letter Drop – If no one is in the office, you can drop a message or envelope in the Letter Drop, a mail slot in the bell-tower door (near the picnic tables in front). This method is only in effect during the virus emergency. Ordinarily this would not be secure enough, but during the emergency, there are only a handful of people who come inside the building.
We are exploring even more ways of contributing that will be safe, easy and convenient. Those will be included on this list as they become operational.
Thank you for all the ways you support the Church!
The First Presbyterian Church of Howard County is listed on Guidestar