12th Annual 5K Family Run for Coffee and 2-mile Walk: The Return of a Spring Tradition!
Saturday, May 15, 2021
After the 2020 edition was delayed until the Fall due to coronavirus concerns, the 5k Family Run for Coffee is returning to its traditional place on the FPCHC Springtime calendar. Get ready for some exercise and fellowship, in support of a great cause, as beautiful warm weather returns to our community!
This event will follow the “virtual” approach that worked so well in October. To minimize the risk of coronavirus exposure, runners are invited to do a 5K run on their own; and those who choose to walk may do so on their own or walk a 2-mile marked course on the church property on Saturday, May 15th, between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. If you have walked or run on your own, come by the church during the event to turn in your donations, pick up your special edition tee shirt, and enjoy some fellowship.
All attendees will be required to wear masks and observe physical distancing during the event, which will be held on the front lawn at the church. Refreshments will be available, and a brief vespers service will be held on the church lawn to close out the event.
There are lots of ways to get in on the fun:
Are you a runner or walker? Then lace up your shoes and sign up to do a 5K run or a 2-mile walk!
- Click the button below to register by April 25 to guarantee your tee shirt size
- Tell your friends! This event is open to church members and non-members alike.
- All runners and walkers who collect at least $50 in pledges, or anyone who makes the same minimum donation, will receive a tee shirt that they can pick up at the event on May 15th.
- We encourage you to seek donations, both to raise funds above and beyond the $50 minimum donation, and to raise awareness about the Boca Costa Partnership.
- Not into running or walking?
- Consider sponsoring a runner or walker.
- Or volunteer to help out on May 15th.
- To volunteer please email the Run for Coffee project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you own a business, or have an employer who would make a good corporate sponsor for the event?
- We need cash donations from business sponsors, and we would also welcome in-kind donations of food or prizes for the in-person event.
- Sponsors will be recognized on our tee shirts, and on signs and hand-outs for the in-person event.
- Click here for information about being a corporate sponsor.
Please visit the church website to learn more about the microgrants funded by this project and the people who benefit from them.